It's a Girl!
Words could not express the joy of a mother who holds in her arms the little miracle she carried in her womb for nine whole months.
For us who are family and friends, we look on with awe at the bundle and exclaim, "Oh, so cute!"
She's a girl! She's a bundle of joy! She's a little miracle! And ... ohhh, she's so cute! With this in mind, I decided to design a card that says all these.
I chose a white card stock and a pink strip designer paper for the main card surface. Then add cute liitle rubber stamp images like a pram, pacifier, tiny hearts, lacey heart,
and yes, a baby stroller. Stamped wordings like 'Little Miracle', 'Oh, so cute!' and 'It's a Girl' are added to tags and front of this baby girl card too.
All in all, it's a girly baby greeting card.
Card Making Supplies
used for this baby girl card
Pink strip designer paper is from the spring stack - 12 x12 acid free printed paper by DCWV. It has 180 sheets in the stack. So I'm spoiled for choice.
- white color cardstock 8.50" x 6.25"
- white color cardstock 4.25" x 2.50"
- white color cardstock 1.75" x 4.75"
- white color cardstock 1.50" x 4.50"
- white color cardstock 2.00" x 2.50"
- white color cardstock 5.00" x 5.00"
- pink strip designer paper 4.25" x 6.25"
- mini rubber stamps: pacifier, hearts, pram
- rubber stamp: background, baby stroller and lacey heart
- word stamps: Oh, so cute!, Little Miracle, It's a Girl.
- paper trimmer or scissors
- pink color ink pad
- glue stick or double-sided tape
- border punch by Fiskars
- corner rounder
- tiny pink sparkling gem
- thin ribbon or string
Card Making Instructions
- score and fold white color cardstock to make a blank 4.25" x 6.25" folded card
- use pink ink pad and color one strip on one side of the 5" x 5" white card.
- make sure the card is dry before punching out the border and attach to the longer side of the 4.25" x 2.50" white card.
- use glue or double-sided tape to cover front of card with the pink strip paper.
- apply glue or double-sided tape and attach white color cardstock 4.25" x 2.50" with border on the top to bottom of card front to make a pocket.
- stamp baby stroller, little pram, lacey heart, little miracle and pacifier on the remainder 5" x 5" card stock with pink ink.
- trim around the stamped images. For Little miracle, cut a stip and glue to the front of card about 0.75" from the top and flush to the right edge of pink strip paper.
- stamp 'It's a Girl' on bottom right of card with pink ink.
- use double sided foam tape to attach baby stroller to the bottom left of the card
- glue a sparkling pink gem to the flourish of G in Girl.
1.75" x 4.75" white color card tag
- ink background stamp with pink ink and stamp on 1.75" x 4.75" white color card
- ink little heart stamp and stamp 4 hearts on the top
- glue little pacifier tot he top right..
2.00" x 2.50" white color card and lacy heart tags
- stamp 'Oh, so cute!' with pink ink on 2.00" x 2.50" white card.
- punch a tiny hole on the top of the heart and tie thin ribbon or string.
Finally, use a corner rounder on the top right of the folded card and insert all the tags into the pocket of the baby girl card.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends.
Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life:-)
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.