Cheer Up The Lonely - Make a card to bring cheer
Make a Cheer Up the Lonely card, upload it here and let us know how you created it and send it to someone this week.
This is the challenge for you. Make a card with a mission in your heart. And that is to bring cheer to someone who is alone.
Someone you feel will appreciate a card and a note to say that you care.
Here are some guidelines for this homemade card that might be helpful to you.
These are only guidelines so you do not need to follow them.
Use your own creativity and ideas and make this greeting card with your whole heart.
And I assure you that it will be a blessing to the recipient.
Cheer Up the Lonely Card Guidelines
- Make it bright and cheery
- Choose a happy theme; garden, animals, etc.
- Use greetings like ... Thinking of You, Warm Hello, You are in My Thoughts and Prayers, You're Very Special
- Use glitters, sequims, buttons, or other pretty embellishments.
- Handwrite a short note of encouragement inside the card.
- Reminds of God's help and presence.
- Send a teabag on a Have A Cup of Tea card.
- Send a pocket card with some enclosures; a gift voucher for a book, etc.
Here's one that I have created - a Thinking of You card with a garden theme. And following is the card making supplies used and instructions for making this card.
click here to view a bigger image of this Cheer Up the Lonely card.
Card Making Supplies Used
- Two color card stock: chocolate brown outside and white inside (8.5" x 5.5")
- White color cards 3" x 4" and 3.1" x 4.1"
- Self adhesive green color rhinestones
- Mounted Rubber Stamp: Collage Friend by Hero Arts
- Build a Swirl clear stamp by Prima
- Thinking of You clear stamp by Hero Arts
- Acrylic block for mounting clear stamps
- Ink pads: pink, green, brown
- Orange waterolor
- Tooth brush
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Foam double sided tape
- Glitter glue
Card Making Instructions
- Fold chocolate brown/white color cardstock to make a blank folded card
- Use a big brush to color wash 3" x 4" white card with orange watercolor.
- Wet tooth brush, pick up orange watercolor and use finger to rub against to brush to get color on the orange color washed card.
- Leave to dry.
- Mount clear swirl stamp on acrylic block.
- Tap on green ink pad to coat the whole swirl image. Then take pink ink pad and tap on selected part of the swirl stamp.
- Clean pink ink pad lightly with a tissue to take off the green ink.
- Stamp on the bottom left side of the orange color washed card.
- Tap Thinking of You clear stamp on pink ink and then lightly on brown ink.
- Stamp on the top of swirl image.
- Ink only the butterfly image on Collage Friend stamp with pink.
- Stamp on a scrap piece of white card.
- Leave to dry awhile then cut out the butterfly image and add glitter glue.
- Apply green ink to edges of 3.1" x 4.1" white card.
- Layer the orange card over the green edged white card with glue or double sided tape.
- Use tweezers to apply the self adhesive rhinestones to various part of swirl image.
- Use glue and foam double-sided tape to paste the butterfly onto the card.
- View above Cheer Up the Lonely: Thinking of You card for placement.
That's it! A cheerful Thinking of You card to cheer up lonely.
Now do add your idea of a Cheer Up the Lonely card here. Make one today! Upload it here and explain how you created it.
Remember to send it out to bring cheer to someone you know. Have fun and at the same time bring joy to others too.
Your Cheer Up the Lonely Card is Ready. Upload it Now!
Explain how you made this card. What materials used and step-by-step instructions on how you created it.
Or do you have a great story about this? Share it!
What Other Visitors Are Sharing
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
I was just cutting a heart shape with a sheet of newspaper...than I thought of making a greeting card like this ...
For this LOVE card, I took two contrasting colour sheets of card stocks and made a double shaded design.
I used a silver ribbon to give it a tied look. …
Thinking Of You
I made this for a very dear friend of mine whose having a bad time at the moment.
I used a print painted by one of my favoutite artists as the colours …
I love cardmaking and make many military themed cards for my husband and his friends.
I realized I could put my talents to good use and started making …
Flower Present Card
This flower present card is a multi purpose card. It can be used for Thank you, With Sympathy, Happy Birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Happy Anniversary, …
Pink and Support the Cure
Several scrapbooking blogs are encouraging the scraping community to send cards to specific individuals who are battling breast cancer. If you have some …
Cards for Friends
I've been making my own greeting cards for a few years. I joined two great card making groups on msn, taught me so much on card making. Plus some great …
This patchwork card was fun to make.
Here's how it was done
Using a white piece of card, attach strips of masking tape (make them all different …
Here's a hat and shoes card that has been done mainly with "Peel Craft" stickers.
The stickers have been stuck on some homemade backgrounds I made a …
Moulded Rose Card
How To Make This Moulded Rose Card:
This moulded rose was made by pulping up some facial tissues and pressing into a pottery mould.
Tissue Moulded Pear
For this tissue moulded pear, the tissue moulding was done with very cheap facial tissues.
How To Make
Lay one tissue at a time over a rubber …
Rose On Silk Card
For this rose on silk card, the rose has been stamped and embossed onto silk fabric and coloured with Tombow pens.
Then mounted onto a piece of card …
Thank You Card
This thank you card was created out of some homemade background that I was playing around with.
The background was made by:
spraying the white …
Click here to write your own.
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.