More Image Transfer Techniques Explained
More image transfer techniques have been added here to enable us to transfer cliparts to our card surface from photocopies or magazines pages.
Black and White Image
The above image was done just as it was printed without adding any color.
The images featured here were done using Translucent Liquid Sculpey - Bakable Transfer & Color Medium.
These are my first batch of image transfers done with the Translucent Liquid Sculpey. I hope to try out another transfer using colorful magazine images
I colored the printed image with color pencils before adding the Translucent Liquid Sculpey.
Hmmm... I think I will need to experiment further to see why the black printed lines seem to have bleed a little and causing the picture to be not so crisp and sharp compared with the one above.
Supplies Used for Image Transfer
- Translucent Liquid Sculpey
- Oven or toaster
- Scrap paper
Step-by-step Directions for Transferring Images
- Cut out the photocopied image.
- Lay photocopied image on a piece of scrap paper. The image should be facing up.
- Pour Translucent Liquid Sculpey onto the image.
- Use a small paint brush to spread out the liquid - make sure the whole image is coated with the liquid.
- Place coated image with the scrap paper into the toaster. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Take out and soak in tap water.
- Rub the back with your thumb to get rid of the paper.
- Dry and attach to your creation.
Notes: The colored image was done by coloring the black and white photocopied image with color pencils before applying the Sculpey Liquid.
More Image Transfer Techniques
Making Greeting Cards!
Image Transfer Technique
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life:-)
Top of More Image Transfer