stripe swap card -
how to make handmade card video and written instructions.
This stripe swap card was created in honour of a swap that focused on the stripes theme.
I had on hand this bright green cardstock that really crashes with the color of the stripe designer paper I wanted to use.
So I changed the border on the front of the green card by using the direct-to-paper technique. This is a simple technique using an inkpad and applying the color directly to the card.
For this stripe swap card, I used a red dauber by Tsukineko to paint on the borders of the green card.
Watch Stripe Card Video
Card Making Supplies Used
- green color cardstock 8" x 6"
- white color cardstock
- basicgrey stripes design paper
- basic grey grunge red design paper
- versafine ink pad - smokey gray color
- versafine inkpad - onyx black color
- tsukineko dauber-duos - cardinal red color
- kaiser clear stamps - tag
- stampers anonymous rubber stamp - slight alterations (tim holtz collection)
- tombow roller tape (alternate: double sided tape)
- permanent black marker pen
- red paper ribbon from ikea
- acrylic block
Card Making Instructions
- score and fold green color cardstock to make a blank 4" x 6" folded card
- use the red dauber to apply ink to the four borders of the front of the green card.
- cut stripe design paper to size (1/4" length and width smaller than the folded green card)
- cut a stripe of the grunge red design paper same length as the stripe design paper and 1/2" width.
- glue red strip to stripes design paper (refer to photo above for placement)
- open out paper ribbon leaving both ends unopened.
- apply glue to front of green card.
- adhere ribbon to middle of card horrzontally.
- adhere stripes design paper on top of ribbon. press down to secure.
- tie ribbon but do not knot yet.
- stamp slight alteration stamp on white card with smokey gray color inkpad.
- stamp tag clear stamp over stamped white card with onyx black inkpad.
- trim around tag.
- write a message.
- punch a hole on the tag and attached to ribbon. knot ribbon.
- stamp stripe design on inside of card (optional) and handwrite a message.
That's it! A quick and simple stripe swap card ready for posting to my swap partner.
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.