gatefold chinese new year greeting card
uniquely different and special
A Chinese New Year greeting card you can make at home with Chinese rubber stamps, ink and gold embossing powder.
Just follow the step by step instructions given below to make this red and gold Lunar New Year gatefold card.
card making supplies used
- red color cardstock - 8" x 6"
- red color cardstock - 2.5" x 2.5"
- round chinese greetings rubber stamp by Danalen
- scroll pattern rubber stamp by Penny Black
- chinese greetings rubber stamp
- versamark ink pad
- gold embossing powder
- heat gun
- small brush
- bone folder
- double-sided foam tape
- gatefold card template
card making instructions
- cut, score and fold red color cardstock to make a blank gatefold card. (refer to template)
- ink scroll pattern rubber stamp with versamark ink.
- stamp image on left flap front of card.
- pour gold embossing powder on stamped image.
- shake off excess powder and brush stray powder with small brush.
- melt powder with heat gun to achieve a raised embossed image.
- repeat on the right flap.
- stamp chinese greetings inside the card and embossed with gold embossing powder.
- stamp round chinese new year greetings on scrap red card and gold embossed.
- punch with circle punch or trim around stamped image.
- attach to edge of left flap with double-sided foam tape for a 3D effect. (refer to picture above for placement)
Viola! A simple red and gold gatefold chinese new year greeting card.
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.