chinese new year greeting card
with plum blossoms
A Chinese New Year greeting card using plum blossoms die cuts to frame the Chinese greetings.
Just follow the simple step by step instructions given below to make this blossom Lunar New Year greeting card.
card making supplies used
- red color cardstock - 8.25" x 6"
- gold color cardstock - 6" x 4"
- beaded bouquet rubber stamp by Stampendous!
- chinese greetings rubber stamp
- black ink pad
- versamark ink pad
- gold ribbon
- paper blossoms
card making instructions
- score and fold red color cardstock to make a blank landscape card.
- ink beaded bouquet rubber stamp with versamark ink.
- stamp randomly over red and gold cards
- die cut gold color cardstock with sizzix die or trim according to template instructions provided below.
- ink chinese greetings rubber stamp with black pigment ink.
- stamp image on centre of gold die cut.
- glue to front of red base card.
- attach gold ribbon with glue.
- place paper blossoms around chinese greetings till you are pleased with the layout.
- apply glue and attach each flower to the card front.
That's it! Just add a message inside the card, sign and placed inside an envelope
and your Chinese New Year greeting card to send to wish someone 'Gong Xi Fa Cai' is ready for posting.
make your own template instructions
- fold a piece of 3.5" x 4.5" copy paper into quarters.
- draw a wavy curve line along the two edges with pencil.
- cut on the pencil line.
- unfold the paper and you should have a template to work with.
- place it over the gold card stock and trace lightly with pencil around the copy paper template.
- remove template and use a sharp knife or scissors to cut the gold card along the pencil line.
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.