origami valentines cards
simple instructions with free template
These origami valentines cards are so sweet and you can easily make them by following the simple steps illustrated below.
You can also modify it by using other paper design or rubber stamps for other occasions.
For example, instead of making Happy Valentines Cards, you can use birthday designs to
create a Happy Birthday card or wedding bells and wedding cliparts for wedding cards.
So just learn the folding instructions and create one of a kind origami cards for any special events.
craft supplies needed for origami valentines cards:
- 12" x 12" scrapbooking paper (lilac color)
- heart rubber stamp (Love Medley 2690H - Penny Black)
- words rubber stamp (You Are Special - unknown)
- white embossing powder
- VersaMark Pad
- Brilliance Pearlescent Purple Ink Pad
- Heat Gun
- bone folder
- markers (blue, purple, pink, yellow, orange)
origami valentines cards instructions:
Origami Valentine Card Template.
2. Print template on A4 size paper.
3. Refer to the template for measurement.
4. On your 12" x 12" scrapbooking paper, mark measurement with a light pencil mark.
tips: Do not fold your paper until you have finished painting on it if you are using watercolors.
Crease lines tend to absorb more water and your watercolor will seep through the paper to the other side.
5. Ink heart rubber stamp with VersaMark pad and stamp in and around areas marked on template. (NOTE: Line C is the bottom of your paper.Take note if you want your stamped images to be in one direction.)
6. Pour white embossing powder over stamped images.
7. Pour back excess powder.
8. Use a small brush to brush away stray powder.
9. Melt powder with heat gun.
10. Scribble markers on plate.
11. Pick up color with a wet brush and paint within the stamped images. Paint different colors on differnt part of the images and load brush with clean water to blend them.)
12. Do the same for the area outside the stamped images. Use only pink and yellow markers.
13. Stamp "You are Special" in the centre with Brilliance Pearlescent Purple Ink Pad. Dry with heat gun.
15. Turn paper over with line C at the top.
16. Stamp heart rubber stamp (Love Medley) just below line C.
17. Emboss with white embossing powder. (Refer step 6 to 9)
18. Color with markers (refer step 11)
19. Sign your name below the heart image.
20. Write a love note inside.
21. Fold as per instructions printed on template.
22. Your Origami Valentines Card is ready for posting.
more valentines cards
1. Card Making Ideas: Shoe Card
2. Happy Valentines Cards Using Stickers
3. "I Love You" Card
3. Happy Valentine Cards by Valerie Smith
love poems for your happy valentines cards
1. Love Quotes
2. Valentines Cards' Verses
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.