just for you card
for a special lady friend
This is a Just For You card I specially created for an online friend using a small silver charm, a mini rubber stamp image, and a tiny stick on gem.
As you can see from the picture below, the online friend is none other than Valerie Smith, my co-moderator for the MakingGreetingCards Yahoo group.
Valerie is one lovely lady whom I got to know a few years back and she has been a great help to me especially in moderating the group while I was absent from there.
Here's the yellow background just for you card I'm talking about followed by step-by-step instructions so you can duplicate or modify for your own cardmaking if you like.
Since I don't have the card with me, I will have to estimate the measurement in my instructions below.
just for you card
click here to view a bigger image of this handmade card.
card making supplies used for the front of this homemade card
- yellow color cardstock 8" x 6"
- white cardstock x 2pcs 4" x 3"
- light blue cardstock 4" x 3"
- white liner gel pen
- paper trimmer or scissors
- Blue color dye ink pad
- Black color ink pad
- mini rubber stamp from Your Next Stamp
- die cuts - tiny tag, rectangular frames
- sheer ribbon
- silver charm with engraved word 'love'
- color pencils
- tiny stick-on gem by HeroArts
- double-sided foam tape
Card Making Instructions
- Score and fold yellow color cardstock to make a blank 4" x 6" folded card
- Die cut rectangular shapes with white and light blue color cardstock. The light blue color shape smaller than the white color.
- Embossed die cuts and use blue inkpad and dabber to color inside the light blue card with the metal die still in place.
- Stamp mini image onto white cardstock and color in with color pencils.
- Layer and glue white and light blue rectangular shapes over yellow card front leaving more space at the bottom of yellow card front.
- Trim and use double-sided foam tape to attach mini image to top of card. (refer to card picture above for placement)
- Hand-draw stitches on border of yellow card as well as around white rectangular card with white color gel pen.
- Cut a slit on fold line of yellow card and tie the ribbon on the card front.
- Cut tag with white cardstock and hand write name of recipient with black marker pen.
- Pierce hole and attached to ribbon together with the silver charm.
- Add the tiny gem to the hairband on the mini girl image.
Note: I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities die, 'Worky Rectangles' for this project but if yu don't have this die, you can use regular rectangles instead.
That's it! A quick and simple handmade just for you card for a special lady friend. Try it and send it as a Random Act of Kindness card to someone today.
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.