Just For You Card
for a special lady friend
This is a Just For You card I specially created for an online friend using a small silver charm, a mini rubber stamp image, and a tiny stick on gem.
As you can see from the picture below, the online friend is none other than Valerie Smith, my co-moderator for the MakingGreetingCards Yahoo group.
Valerie is one lovely lady whom I got to know a few years back and she has been a great help to me especially in moderating the group while I was absent from there.
Here's the yellow background just for you card I'm talking about followed by step-by-step instructions so you can duplicate or modify for your own cardmaking if you like. Since I don't have the card with me, I will have to estimate the measurement in my instructions below.
Just For You Card
Just For You!
Card Making Supplies Used
- yellow color cardstock 8" x 6"
- white cardstock x 2pcs 4" x 3"
- light blue cardstock 4" x 3"
- white liner gel pen
- paper trimmer or scissors
- Blue color dye ink pad
- Black color ink pad
- mini rubber stamp from Your Next Stamp
- die cuts - tiny tag, rectangular frames
- sheer ribbon
- silver charm with engraved word 'love'
- color pencils
- tiny stick-on gem by HeroArts
- double-sided foam tape
Card Making Instructions
- Score and fold yellow color cardstock to make a blank 4" x 6" folded card
- Die cut rectangular shapes with white and light blue color cardstock. The light blue color shape smaller than the white color.
- Embossed die cuts and use blue inkpad and dabber to color inside the light blue card with the metal die still in place.
- Stamp mini image onto white card stock and colour in with colour pencils.
- Layer and glue white and light blue rectangular shapes over yellow card front leaving more space at the bottom of yellow card front.
- Trim and use double-sided foam tape to attach mini image to top of card. (refer to card picture above for placement)
- Hand-draw stitches on border of yellow card as well as around white rectangular card with white colour gel pen.
- Cut a slit on fold line of yellow card and tie the ribbon on the card front.
- Cut tag with white card stock and hand write name of recipient with black marker pen.
- Pierce hole and attached to ribbon together with the silver charm.
- Add the tiny gem to the hairband on the mini girl image.
I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities die, 'Worky Rectangles' for this project but if yu don't have this die, you can use regular rectangles instead.
That's it! A quick and simple handmade just for you card for a special lady friend. Try it and send it as a Random Act of Kindness card.
Share Your Thoughts About These Cards Or Article
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life :-)