Love Birds Greeting Cards
Love birds greeting cards with two lovebirds perched on a branch amongst pink cherry blossoms.
Oriental lovebirds or I Love You jazzy love bird with aged lace.
Making your own love birds cards are so much fun.
Love Birds with Prismacolour Pencils
When I first look at the wood mounted stamp above, I wasn't too enthusiastic about this image. But when I started my love birds greeting cards project, I thought I would use it to make a non-cutesy kind of love card. And yet, retaining a bit of romance in the design. So here's the card I created.
Instructions for Love Birds Greeting Cards
I Love You Bird Card
Love & Lace
Supplies Used For Making This Card:
Penny Black Wood-mounted Rubber Stamp
- 30cm x 15cm textured light brown card
- 14.7cm square white card
- 15cm square white copypaper
- Penny Black rubber stamp (4125K) bright heart
- Memento ink pad - Potter's Clay
- colored pencils
- fine brown marker
- aged lace
- glue or double-sided tape
Simple Step-by-step Instructions:
- Score and fold light brown textured card at 15cm to make a basic square greeting card.
- Ink bright heart stamp with potter's clay ink and stamp image on square white copypaper.
- Use a pencil to draw a heart outline around the image on the copypaper.
- Cut around the pencil line.
- Place cut-out heart image on the front centre of light brown textured card front.
- Use pencil to lightly draw the shape of the heart onto the card front.
- Cut out the heart opening on the card front with a sharp knife or scalpel.
- Place the square white card inside the card aligning it at the centre of the light brown card.
- Ink stamp again with Potter's Clay ink and stamp the image onto the white card through the opening on the front of the card.
- Color images of birds with brown colored pencil.
- Use double-sided tape or glue to attach the lace to the back of the heart opening.
- Attach the square white card onto the back of the card front with the image showing on the heart opening in front.
- Draw brown stitches around the heart opening with brown marker.
Singing Love Birds Card
Love Birds on Blossom Tree
Here's an oriental love birds card - two lovebirds perching on the branches of a cherry blossom tree.
Card Making Supplies Used:
Oriental Love Birds Stamp
- 14cm x 28cm chocolate color textured card
- 8cm x 14cm white color card
- 9cm length chocolate and cream alternate lined ribbon
- oriental rubber stamp lovebirds on cherry blossom tree
- Memento ink pad - Tuxedo Black
- copic markers
- fine black marker 0.8
- glue or double-sided tape
- double-sided foam tape
Card Making Step-by-step Instructions:
- Score and fold chocolate color card at 14cm to make a basic card.
- Ink oriental stamp with tuxedo black ink and stamp image on top portion of white card.
- Color stamped image with copic markers.
- Write Love You! with fine black marker at bottom of white card and color with copic markers.
- Attach ribbon to white card just below image with double-sided tape.
- Glue card with colored image onto the front of the white folded card.
- Glue white color card to chocolate card front leaving borders on both sides.
- Stamp oriental lovebirds on white scrap card. Color and trim.
- Attach to card front on top of stamped bird images with double-sided foam tape for 3D effect.
That's it! Two easy to make love-birds greeting cards.
More Love Birds Greeting Cards
Making Greeting Cards!
Valentine's Day Cards
Love Birds Cards
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life:-)
Top of Love Birds Greeting Cards