Aged Parchment Mothers Day Poem - Cheap Mothers Day Gift - Priceless to Mom!
Print a mothers day poem onto aged parchment paper and turn it into a mothers day gift.
This is one handmade mothers day gift that any mother will love to receive from her child. No doubt that this is a very cheap mothers day gift but any mother will be so enchanted by this unique handmade gift and will surely treasure it forever.
More Than A Mother by Kari Keshmiry
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT attempt to make this
mothers day project without the supervision of grow-ups.
ADULTS, please be extra careful when using
the lighted candle to burn the paper.
Here are the art supplies and step-by-step instructions to make this aged parchment mothers day gift.
Supplies Used For Making This Mothers Day Poem
- white or off-white colour cardstock (A4 size)
- candle or tea-light
- lighter or matches
- walnut ink or unsweetened black coffee
- spray bottle
- heat gun
- wet cloth
Instructions For Making This Mothers Day Poem
For this mothers day project, I chose the following mother's day poem 'More Than A Mother' by Kari Keshmiry.
More Than A Mother
When God set the world in place,
when He hung the stars up in space,
when He made the land and the sea,
then He made you and me.
He sat back and saw all that was good,
He saw things to be as they should.
Just one more blessing He had in store;
He created a mother, but whatever for?
He knew a mother would have a special place
to shine His reflection on her child's face.
A mother will walk the extra mile
just to see her children smile.
She'll work her fingers to the bone
to make a house into a home.
A mother is there to teach and guide,
a mother will stay right by your side.
She'll be there through your pain and strife,
she'll stay constant in your life.
A mother will lend a helping hand
until you have the strength to stand.
She'll pick you up when you are down,
when you need a friend she'll stick around.
A mother is one who listens well,
will keep her word; will never tell.
A mother never pokes or pries
but stands quietly by your side,
giving you the strength you need,
encouraging you to succeed.
A mother is one who can be strong
when you need someone to lean on.
You're more than a mother to me;
a reflection of Him in your face I see,
a love that knows no boundaries.
I'm glad that you chose to be
all this and more to me.
You share a love that knows no end,
you're more than my mother,
you are my friend.
~ Kari Keshmiry
You can copy this mothers day poem and paste it into Photoshop or Microsoft Word, resize it and change to any fancy font you like.
Or if you like, you can also download this 'More Than A Mother' poem by clicking here. This will open up a pdf file. Just print it out onto your faux aged A4 size cardstock. Just follow the instructions below to make this aged parchment mothers day gift.
Rolled Up Aged Parchment
- Pour your walnut ink or unsweetened black coffee into the spray bottle.
- Spray randomly over the A4 sized cardstock.
- Dry with heat gun.
- Turn over and repeat the above.
- When you find that you like the look, use an hot iron to flatten the cardstock.
- Put it into the printer and print the mother's day poem.
- Light the candle.
- Hold the cardstock on your left hand and a piece of wet cloth on your right hand.
- Burn around the edges of the cardstock.
- Be careful to stop the burning with the wet cloth.
- It's better to burn a little at a time stopping the fire from getting big with the wet cloth.
- For the burnt patches on the the cardstock - find spaces between the printed words of the mothers day poem.
- Put the cardstock over the lighted candle and let it burn.
- Be careful not to let it over burn onto the printed words.
- Turn the cardstock over and let the lighted candle leave soots on the mothers day poem.
- Do not over-do it.
- When done, crumple the cardstock slightly
- Tear the edges which are not burnt and dab with the coffee or walnut ink to age it.
- Dab some of the ink on the string and let it dry.
- Roll the mothers day poem and tie with the aged string.
That's it! A cheap mothers day poem gift - don't cost much but definitely priceless! Can also be used for a birthday gift for mum too.
- Tie an old metal charm to the end of the string.
- Melt some red wax and while still hot and pliable, press a rubber stamp or metal seal onto the wax.
- Stick the waxed seal onto the string or on part of the mothers day poem.
- Decorate an empty potato chips container with nice aged paper to store the mothers day gift.
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life :-)
Top of Mothers Day Poem