Send a Belated Birthday Card
Better late than never.
Compensate with a beautiful handmade card.
Send a Belated Birthday Card even if you are late.
Oops! You Forgot! It's Okay!
Send Late Handmade Birthday Wishes!
And Put More Effort Into The Sending.
Have you ever forgotten to send birthday wishes to someone special? I'm sure you have unless you are super organised :-)
In the busyness of life, there will be times when you just forget certain tasks that you need to do, errands that need to be run. And worst of all, birthday cards that need to be sent.
Belated Happy Birthday Card (2012)
from Valerie Smith
Do you just let it go and tell yourself, "I hope she knows that I have not forgotten."
Don't just wish but let her or him know that you remember - only a bit late. Send a belated Happy Birthday card instead. Let her know that you might be late but you have not forgotten and... when she received the handmade card you sent and see how much effort you put into creating it, I'm sure she will treasured it for life and be assured of how important and special a person she is to you.
So send a belated birthday card if you have forgotten someone's birthday or remembered but could not send the birthday card on time.
Well, let the birthday person know that he or she is important and very special to you anyway. You might have forgotten the date but have definitely not forgotten her. Let her know with a handmade 'I'm sorry I forgot your birthday.' kind of card.
What To Say In Your Belated Birthday Cards
Just be truthful! Tell her you are sorry that you forgot the date. Or if you are just late, then you might want to let her know why you are late in sending her birthday greetings. Or just say, "Sorry, I'm late but you are not forgotten. Let's have dinner together to let me show you how special you are."
Another idea is: "Belated Birthday Wishes! I did not forget your birthday. It's just that you are so special it took me so long to hunt for that special gift for you."
What Valerie has printed on the inside of her handmade birthday card:-
Because you're very special
Hope your Birthday holds in store
happy hours that overflow
With all you're wishing for,
And hope the days that follow it
Make up a year that brings
Everything that you deserve
A million happy things.
Happy Belated Birthday!
Anyway here's one example of a handmade late birthday greeting card I have created.
Below are the items needed to make this belated greeting card followed by the step-by-step instructions.
3D Candle Belated Birthday Wishes
Card Making Supplies Used
- white color cardstock 8" x 6"
- white scrap card
- Blue color dye ink pad
- Black color pigment ink pad
- Greetings wood mounted rubber stamp by Hero Arts
- Background clear stamp by Hero Arts
- Double sided foam tape
- Watercolors: red and orange colors
- Clear embossing powder
- Heat gun
- Acrylic block
Card Making Instructions
- Score and fold white color cardstock to make a blank 4" x 6" folded card
- Adhere background clear stamp by Hero Arts to acrylic block.
- Tap on blue dye ink pad several times to evenly apply ink to the stamp.
- Stamp background on the white card front.
- Ink Belated Birthday Wishes with black pigment ink.
- Stamp message on bottom of card front on top of the background.
- View the finised card above to see placement.
- Pour clear embossing powder on the birthday greetings.
- Shake off excess powder and use a small brush to brush off scattered powder.
- Use the heat gun to melt the powder to get a raised effect.
- Cut white color scrap card into candle and flame shapes.
- Color the flame and candle with watercolors.
- Attach to card front with double-sided foam tape for a 3 D look.
That's it! A quick and simple belated birthday card!
Will be adding more examples of these cards so do bookmark this website to see the new handmade greeting cards.
Useful Cardmaking Tips
Clean clear stamp immediately with dish washing detergent after use. For stubborn stain, use a dish cloth to rub off the ink stains.
Use clear embossing powder on coloured stamped images. If you missed any stray powder, it's not noticeable.
Click here to read more card making tips.
Making Greeting Cards!
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life:-)
To Top of Belated Wishes