Making Cards with Stencils / Metal Template
I love stencils. These are usually plastic or metal templates with simple to fine delicate laser cut designs. I have lots of them; mostly made of brass but also quite a few plastic ones too. Sometime I made my own if I need a design that I do not have.
Tool For Embossing
Here are two cards I created with one of the Erica brass stencils. I only use the frames from each template design for these cards.
Scroll down to read instructions for making one of these lovely dry embossed cards.
Thank You Embossed Card
Dry Embossed Card Making Supplies:
- Metal or plastic template
- Light yellow cardstock
- "Thank You" rubber stamp
- Pigment inkpad: grey color
- Clear embossing powder
- Heat gun
- Color markers
- Clear wax
Dry Embossed Cards Instructions:
- Place metal template on the lightbox.
- Place the card-stock wrong side up over the metal template.
- Rub stylus on wax and press stylus into the design on the template. (You can see the design easily with the lightbox on.)
- When finished, turn off the lightbox.
- Turn card over so that you can see the right side with the beautiful embossed design.
- Place the metal template over the design so that the embossed area protruded out from the metal template.
- Brush some marker colours onto a styrofoam plate.
- Using the brush, pick up colour from the plate and lightly brush onto the protruded design.
- Ink the Thank You message rubber stamp with grey inkpad and stamp on the middle of the card inside the dry embossed frame.
- Pour clear embossing powder on the stamped image.
- Pour off excess powder and heat with heat gun.
Making Greeting Cards!
Tools and Supplies
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life :-)
Another way to share Making-Greeting-Cards.com...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Top of Making Cards with Stencils
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.