make your own stamps from vegetables
Green stamping is just like rubber stamping. The only difference is that instead of using rubber stamps, we use green vegetables. Here are some veggie cards made from veggie stamps.
I was making a batch of 'kimchi' (Korean pickled vegetables) and when I sliced off the head of the Chinese cabbage, I thought what a nice design for my cards. So for the next cabbage, I made a bigger slice, about an inch from the top. This gives me a better grip for holding the head when I stamp.
Here's what a Chinese cabbage looks like.
Green Stamping With Cabbage Head
Below is a colourful card made with the above cabbage head. Using a combo of colour inks make this a fun card for all occasions whether to say 'Hello!' to a loved one or a friendship cards for your very best friends.
Cabbage Head Print Card
Card Making Supplies for Green Stamping
- Head of Chinese cabbage
- Ink pads (I used Pink, Red, and Lilac colour pigment inks and also Autumn Rainbow colour dye ink)
- glitter glues
- kitchen tissue
- words stamp
- black ink pad
- white card stock
- Cut the head about an inch from the top of the Chinese cabbage.
- Place the cut part on some kitchen tissues and let it dry for half an hour. (If the head is not dry enough, the ink will be diluted and the stamped image will not be sharp. Refer the picture below - the cabbage head is still quite wet when I stamped.)
- Take the lilac ink pad and dab on the edges of the head.
- Next dab the pink and then the red in the center.
- Turn it and place on the card stock and press. Do not press too hard or you will wet the card stock and the image will be watery.
- Ink words stamp with black ink and stamp.
- Put aside to dry.
- Apply glitter glue on edges of design.
Here's another with various shades of only one muted colour and edged with gold glitters.
A More Muted Colour Card
Card With Matching Envelope
I hope you will try green stamping one day. This can be a great activity for kids too.
It's quite fun and one cabbage head can make a number of prints. You can also use other kind of vegetables to make veggie stamps.
And why not use fruit too. I believe you will have lots of ideas after seeing this page on green stamping.
Let's be creative! Think out of the box and see what we can use for card making besides rubber stamps.
- Clean clear stamp immediately with dish washing detergent after use. For stubborn stain, use a dish cloth to rub off the ink stains.
- Use clear embossing powder on coloured stamped images. If you missed any stray powder, it's not noticeable.
- Click here to read more card making tips.
Share Your Thoughts About These Cards Or Article
Like This Site?
Celebrating Creativity! Connecting Lives!
~ bringing cheer one card at a time.
Help Me Get The Word Out
If you like making greeting cards and want to encourage others to do so because of its many benefits, please help me share this website with your friends. Just click on the share buttons below to share with your fans and friends. Thank you for sharing the good things in life :-)
Top of Green Stamping